We Puneites, the anarchists

I recently went to a neighbourhood hardware store, to repair a voltage stabilizer that was preventing our office fridge from fulfilling its destiny, viz. to keep the beer cold. There, I saw this sign:

The sign says "कृपया काऊंटर समोर मोबईलवर बोलु नये", which is Marathi for "Please do not speak on a mobile phone while in front of the counter". I decided to record this addition to Pune's rich heritage of direct, impolite or downright offensive signs. Scarcely had I finished taking the picture, when I noticed the electrician had a customer, and...

Comments

  1. Heheh. I wonder if the folks at Burger King are similarly lax at enforcing their special rules. Should find out one day, what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senti: Yes, except that a rule like "Soft drinks Rs15 - Take it or leave it" leaves little room for breaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Girl you hit me with da bomb...

Small Is Beautiful